Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scorewatch

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

scorewatch

Hey all,

Can someone explain scorewatch to me. I have the Equifax set to alert me if balances change by more than 5.00.   I've paid three accounts down to zero and all have reported to Equifax but I never got an alert or score update.

When I zero'd my Freedom I was alerted.  Am I missing something?  Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mebell
Regular Contributor

Re: scorewatch

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I could be wrong since I don't use it but it was my understanding that you only get alerts in those situations if it produces a score change.

Message 3 of 7
virgo
Established Contributor

Guiness, you are raining on my parade. I thought I would see some kind of change. Bummer.Smiley Sad   

But I do like the dancing penguin.Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 7
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

I could be wrong since I don't use it but it was my understanding that you only get alerts in those situations if it produces a score change.

No, I get scorewatch alerts when a balance changes but the score doesn't. OP, how much time has passed? Have the cards you paid down issued their statements yet? EDIT: I see that you say they've already reported. So yeah, you should have gotten alerts. I don't understand what's happening.

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

No, I get scorewatch alerts when a balance changes but the score doesn't. OP, how much time has passed? Have the cards you paid down issued their statements yet? EDIT: I see that you say they've already reported. So yeah, you should have gotten alerts. I don't understand what's happening.

Well, apparently I was wrong lol.  At any rate, I have heard of delays between the alerts and a score change.

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@virgo wrote:

Guiness, you are raining on my parade. I thought I would see some kind of change. Bummer.Smiley Sad   

But I do like the dancing penguin.Smiley Very Happy

Sorry, I was apparently incorrect lol.

Happy Feet.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.