Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending a GW letter to a credit union?

tag
S7
Established Contributor

sending a GW letter to a credit union?

I had recently contacted a credit union to have them correct the status on my report of a charge off that had been paid. My fico just notified me of the update and that my score went from 574 to 555 with it. :-(

Would sending them a GW letter possibly help get them to remove it all together??

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tempted2Pull
New Contributor

Re: sending a GW letter to a credit union?

Did you get the CU to update?

Starting Score {July 30,2012}: TU 586 EQ 535 EX 583
Current Score: My Fico EQ 635 Walmart TU08 640 MyFico TU04 682 My Fico EX 628 (lender pull 09/12)
Road 2 Recovery: Patience - Persistence - Perseverance

Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Boqorka, I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know. Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@S7 wrote:
I had recently contacted a credit union to have them correct the status on my report of a charge off that had been paid. My fico just notified me of the update and that my score went from 574 to 555 with it. :-(

Would sending them a GW letter possibly help get them to remove it all together??

You can certainly try. 

Was the 19 pt change from a SW alert? If so know that SW alerts will alert you to changes in accounts, but it'll also grab the latest score. Any point difference would include any changes to that account, if any, and would include any score changes since your last alert or report pull. In other words, the 19 is a net change and could factor in other stuff like util, changes in accounts, added accts, dropped accts, etc.  Though if the CU hadn't updated in a long time (years) and you're trading in one baddie comment for another, then 19 is plausible.

Message 4 of 5
S7
Established Contributor

That must be it then. There was no other activity other than me contacting them to have the status changed to paid. They still had it listed as bad debt/collections. It had been paid since before the beginning of the year.  I haven't opened any new accounts, nor closed any, all I have is my auto loan, and then there were 3 others things, in collections. 2 I am disputing due to I do not believe they are mine. And the other was a hospital error, I contacted them as well. When I had a procedure done, at check in we were told if we paid in full we would get a 30% discount, and so we did. Then recieved a bill from collections for $196.02! They reviewed my account and found that i was correct, so I am to recieve a letter that they are writing off the $196.02 and contacting the agency to have the collection account removed bc it should never have been sent. Thats all that has been going on. 

I am being added as an AU to my father in laws credit card that he has had for 11 years, and he has perfect credit. When they bought their latest car about 5 years ago, the lenders told him he had one of the highest scores they've ever seen. Smiley Happy Hope this helps me. Just trying my hardest to clean things up and have an easier time buying things for our family. 

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.