Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shopping cart trick?

tag
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

shopping cart trick?

Anyone have any infor on the Shopping cart trick and its affect getting an auto loan?  We are wanting to buy in December and dont want to hurt our chances of a decent interest rate by adding a cc.  It would help our utilization since I never shop at any of the stores listed in the thread.

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Re: shopping cart trick?

The shopping cart trick will not add inquiries, but will likely cause a ding because of lowering your AAoA. IMHO adding a bunch of new credit before applying for auto loans is probably going to look bad to underwriters, and would probably be bad for your interest rates. are your cards maxed?
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 2 of 4
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

no they arent maxed and plan to pay them down before buying.  what you said, was what I was thinking.  We we were approved for a $250 vs card.  just gonna let it sit for now.  I got a pre-approval for first premier 36%-yikes!  that one is getting shredded!  bide our time!

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

That's insane! What's their penalty rate? 50% lol
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.