Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

short term loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

short term loans?

will building your credit score do small short term loans add to credit score when payed off? will the short term credit history from the loan lower your credit history?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: short term loans?

That's a good question. I was wondering about that too, as I took a small $800 holiday loan out from my CU and I start paying (and they pull payments automatically from my paycheck) on 1/6. I would assume it would report, but I am going to keep an eye on my reports to see what happens once its being paid on or paid off Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: short term loans?

When I first started my rebuilding I didn't have any TL to create a credit score ,and I didn't have the extra cash to get a secured card at the time.

So I like you took out a small installment loan $1200 I used my car as collateral.

I made sure they would report to the CRB before I even appd.

After the seventh month It did give me the six month TL I needed to create a credit score.

It was not the credit score I wanted (LOL) but it gave me a ideal of where I was at and what I needed to do.

Hope that helps some.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.