cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I accept cap one card?

tag
jerrylundergard

should I accept cap one card?

Hi all. I have current TU 575 and equifax 613. My score was 573 eq and 552 tu on 8-20-10. I have to boa cc that I was offered a program to change balance from credit card to other type of account were i pay down balance in 5 years. Ive been paying that without problem for 1.5 years. I had a 60 and 30 day late 1.5 years ago on that. I also have 60k in total student loans. 20k will be getting paid down this april from army payback. i have 1 usaa cc with 10k limit at 7k now. I also closed my hsbc cc cause it was a hassle so i just paid that off. i have a matress company that i paid off on my credit that reports positive. Ive never been late with the usaa. Im trying to get my credit up to buy a house. I have good income of around 90k a year. Have 8k in savings. So I thought if I accepted the cap one maybe it would look better for my credit cause it would lower my utilization %. I plan to carry very low balance on that and use it just to boost my credit. Is that a good Idea? It already shows as a inquiry on my report. What will it do to my credit in short/med term if when they mail me that cc I activate it? Thanks for any ideas on what to do.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

Re: should I accept cap one card?

Message 2 of 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: should I accept cap one card?

It's unlikely to have much impact - Capital One will probably give you a really low CL. 

If you want it, I wouldn't do it if it has an annual fee.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.