Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I be worried by this debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

should I be worried by this debt

BOA Credit card C/O.   Date of last activities,  01/2010.  Date closed.  09/2008.   Total CO amount: 9k.  Scheduled to drop off in 2 years. The debt is supposedly sold to some company, but  no one has ever contacted me regarding this account.   There is no collection record on this account on my CR.

I live in VA, and the SOL is 3 years.   Should I be worried that some Collection Agency starts to contact me/put a collection record onto my CR in the near future?    Does CA has a seperae SOL?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: should I be worried by this debt

Yes, a collector could place it on your reports. But you are past the SOL and cannot be sued for it. The collector is held to the same SOL period as the OC.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, a collector could place it on your reports. But you are past the SOL and cannot be sued for it. The collector is held to the same SOL period as the OC.

The only leverage CA has is a collection record on my report, is that correct?  I dont really have to pay, even if CA puts a collection, I can dispute to have it removed by the 7 year mark, Right?

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The only leverage CA has is a collection record on my report, is that correct?  I dont really have to pay, even if CA puts a collection, I can dispute to have it removed by the 7 year mark, Right?

A negative account closed in 2008 should be coming off sometime this year or at max mid 2016, the reporting time is from the DoFD. The CRAs will typically remove at the 7 years mark from the reported DoFD, you would not dispute it as too old to come off until its actually past max CRTP but you can call the CRA and ask for an early exclusion 6 months out from scheduled drop date on TU and 3 months for the other 2. If the CA cant get a successful judgment then the only weapon they have is reporting it until it cant even be reported anymore.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.