Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I bother?

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

should I bother?

There are two accounts reporting on my equifax profile from Key Bank, apparently when they transfer the debt it stays in house and they report two accounts. I want to have one removed. Ive been successful in getting Key Bank to remove it from EX and TU, but they wont answer me regarding EQ, so I thought about going through EQ to dispute them as duplicates.

The account was opened in 2006, with DOLA 11/09. My AAOA is 4 years, would it be worth the drop in AAOA to get one of these removed? I have the documents ready to be faxed, just wasnt sure how hard I was being hit for this debt and if it was worth messing with. It is $0 balance btw.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: should I bother?

This is going to be up to you.  How much did it hurt your TU when it dropped the AAoA on that one?  Use that to make your decision.  And know that fighting EQ via disputes is difficult.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

When was this item, removed from EX and TU ?

Did your scores with EX and TU change, after the removal of this item?

Do you know when this item, will drop off your CR?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 4
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

both AAOA are the same right now, I have a utility company that only reported to EQ, so it wont be the same drop for EQ as it was for TU, and I dont know what my EX was, I just found out what it is through an apt. app. It falls off in 2016, DOLA 11/2009

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.