should I garden now??

I have cap1 secured 1401 reporting
Recenlty approved not reporting
Cap1 plat 1000
Discover It 800
Target 300
Rehabed student loans not update yet shows as collection on tu
I baddie on ex.
Denials for barclay Wal-Mart and citi ( think i apped for the wrong one)
Scores eq 684 tu 591 ex 631old oldest account 10 years
I want to buy a car soon maybe 3 mos but I have to wait for loans too update. How long should I garden? Before trying for citi and Wal-Mart?
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: should I garden now??

Yes, garden now! You have 3 new cards and 3 denials. That is 6 new HPs on your report, which will be a pretty hard hit.

If you want to app for a car that soon you definitely do not need to app for anything else before that. 3 months is not going to be much time for those HPs or the new accounts to age.

And when you start getting denials it is ALWAYS time to garden. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I know nothing of your situation but wouldn't it make sense to hold off buying car till your scores are in 700s (other than TU) so as to not get stuck with a high APR loan?

Just my 2 cents, of course you know better
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Not apping at all until after the purchase would be a good idea. Garden and let your scores grow as much as possible until then. If you can wait it out, I would, to get your scores up into an area that would get you a better rate.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Thank you.. Ive brought my scores up from the 400s..in oct. So this is progress. I will wait as long ad I can for a new car... It all depends on when the one I have dies...lol Im hoping for a huge increase with my rehabed student loan. Goal was 680 for car.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.