cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I send Diversified consultants a dv?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

should I send Diversified consultants a dv?

The last baddie on my report I'm having trouble with it appeared in may so pretty recent OC is sprint. I let my account default last year when I lost my job I called sprint to try and see if I could get the debt recalled but no dice I disputed with CA and it came back verified a few days ago now I'm wondering if I should send dv and wait before trying to call and try to arrange pfd I only have two cards at the moment cap secured and credit one..I've read I need three for best results all score are currently at 585-605 util 40% but I will pay cards in full before they update next week to hopefully get a bump. I want to app for qs1 but afraid I'll get denied because of this derogatory....should I wait and try to get it off first? Whenever I check there pre approval page it's shows cap1 secured which makes me hesitant

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: should I send Diversified consultants a dv?

Several issues relating to sending a DV at this time...

Would it now be timely, meaning has more than 30 days passed since dunning notice?

If untimely, it will not impose any cease collection bar on the debt collector,and they can ignore it.

Is the debt considered valid?

Did your prior dispute contest the debt, and if they verified, what is the purpose of sending a similar requet through the DV process?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never received anything at all..never heard of them until may in the process of getting the last few baddies off
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Then you can obtain a reprieve from continued, active collection on their part by sending a DV, which would still be timely.

They can verify at any time, lifting the cease collection bar.

If they verified as a response to a prior dispute under the FCRA, I would expect the same result in response to a DV.

Perhaps a PFD might be amore appropriate if the debt is valid and you are seeking credit report deletion.

A dispute followed by a DV on a valid debt may not be likely to foster GW on their part, which might be your better path......

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.