Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I wait to send prehipaa letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

should I wait to send prehipaa letter?

I have a CA listed on my EX report for a hospital bill for my son.  I contacted the local hospital and the person I spoke with agreed to accept payment and delete  (no I did not get it in writing...she was very matter of fact that they delete all accounts once paid)    I sent the payment to her, she forwarded it to their billing department and the check cleared my bank 6/25/08.  So far the CA is still listed and shows the same balance, they have not been updated yet.   So I called and spoke with the same person and asked her if she knew about how long it would take.  She said it could take up to 4 months.  Smiley Sad

Ofcourse I do not want to wait this long.   So my question is should I send the first prehippa letter to EX or give it a little more time to see what happens?

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: should I wait to send prehipaa letter?

I don't see why it should take 4 months.

Has the CA sent the update to the CRA to have it deleted? If so, then you are just waiting on the CRA, they can be slow sometimes.

It shouldn't take the CA 4 months to send the update.

IMO, go ahead and send the pre-hipaa.

Edited to Add-- Has the CA updated since you've paid? Updated to paid or just updated at all?

Message Edited by sidewinder on 08-11-2008 05:57 AM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sidewinder.    No, so far the CA hasn't updated at all.  It still shows the same balance, last reported November 2006.  I have not been in contact with the CA at all so I don't know if they have sent anything to the CRA.  I just don't see why it should take 4 months.  If the OC is going to take the acct from the CA that's great but 4 months will kill meSmiley Wink    I just wonder if the CRA actually contacts the OC instead of the CA like hipaa states.

Thanks again.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may wait a couple of more weeks to see if there is any change.  If not then I will send the first prehippa letter.
Message 4 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

send the pre-HIPAA dispute letter CMRRR now, there's no reason to wait
Message 5 of 6
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

I agree, send the Pre-HIPAA now... 30 process, might as well start now.
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.