Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i cancel cap 1

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

should i cancel cap 1

2 years post ch.7 discharge , obtained a cap 1 secured immediately out of discharge. the annual fee comes due in a few days, should i cancel?

1 revolving loan car 1 year old

2 nd cap one card 5 months old

barclay less than 1 month old...not worried about util sorry for grammar typing this on a touch screen its terrible to say the least

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Re: should i cancel cap 1

IMHO I'd keep that card another year because AF is low, and who knows if that Barclay Card will be there lol I have a credit one card that I'll ditch after the Barclays 6 months of dread is over.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 2 of 12
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

sadly i can not even remeber what the af is lol

Message 3 of 12
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

I think its around 30. 29 I'm pretty sure, but for that you may as well keep it as insurance just in case Barclays decides to close out your account. Just my 2 cents Smiley Tongue
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 4 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Contact Cap1 and tell them that your thinking of closing the card. Ask them 7f they will wave the annual fee. A lot of people have had success getting it waved.  

edit: also ask if there are any upgrades available for either card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 12
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@cold tried it they would not budge even e mailed eo office...recieved no response

Message 6 of 12
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

That's why i love this board, great advice. Call them again! Sometimes you just get someone having a bad day.
Message 7 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

+1 call new day new person you never know until you ask. One thing I've learned here be persistent. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 12
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

any point in trying the online chat and i should add i plan on buying a house in 3-5 months

Message 9 of 12
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

No call em, the online chat staff is very, umm, rehearsed? You'll just go in circles with them as they tell you basically nothing lol
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.