Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i close it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: should i close it?

I had Credit one for 1 month and it closed it with no regret.  Like you said the APR and the fee are so bad, couldnt keep up paying fee.  They only report 1 good statment on my report which bring me AAA down because of new account and I closed it.  IT cost me 7point, however I have other CC that help me bring the score back up the following month.

I also have 3 capital one by the way...I have the plantium, quick silver and the journey reward card that help my score each both.  My current fico is 715 now, it was 515  score 8months ago.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Norman FH -- Have you looked at your soft-pulls on your CRs?  When I was going through my clean up phase, I got my reports from annualcreditreport.com which will show soft pulls.  I could see that Comenity and CapOne, Chase, etc. had done soft pulls on me and it helped me narrow my targets for new cards.  The other thing to do is go on CardMatch, Credit Karma, etc and let them match you up.  DO NOT apply, but just the fact that you've searched and clicked for matches triggered some soft pulls for me and I believe it helps for them to have soft pulled you before and have you in their system for the SCT to work.  Not sure of this, but just sharing my own experience.  Let's face it they are tracking every little click of your keyboard and I would click on credit card apply buttons, but not fill it out.  It was my way of sending out a little message that I was interested and might be a potential new customer.  Just my theory.  Plus, it made me feel like I was actively doing something to make things happen. Smiley Happy Probably all coincidental, but it didn't hurt.  

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll take a look and see if anything pops out at me.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had Credit one for 1 month and it closed it with no regret.  Like you said the APR and the fee are so bad, couldnt keep up paying fee.  They only report 1 good statment on my report which bring me AAA down because of new account and I closed it.  IT cost me 7point, however I have other CC that help me bring the score back up the following month.

I also have 3 capital one by the way...I have the plantium, quick silver and the journey reward card that help my score each both.  My current fico is 715 now, it was 515  score 8months ago.

yea i definitely have NO REGRETS whatsoever. congrats on the progress!!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.