cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i dispute a paid collection status?

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

should i dispute a paid collection status?

i had an old Perkins student loan that i forgot about, and it basically fell threw the cracks at every level. i moved over 2 yrs ago and never received any collection attempt, no letters or calls before or after I moved-if I remember correctly it wasn’t a monthly bill it was quarterly or semiannual billing, when i pulled my report i saw it was listed as a collection account. i called the school they said it was not in collection  and i just needed to contact their servicing company ACS Education who showed it as delinquent.  i was told if i paid it the status would change to paid,  well i did pay it and the status changed from collection to paid after collection, i am not sure if i should dispute it, I don’t know if i did disupte it if it would change to paid but then show a bunch of 120+ past dues? it didn’t show as that org. the only difference in the reporting is current status went from collection to Payment after charge off/collection- everything else remained the same see below.  this was the last of my outstanding neg items and my score is finally in the good range its at 662 w/ TU, obv still have room for of improvement, but about a yr ago it was around 600,

Do you think I should dispute this or leave as is and if I dispute should I go threw TU or start w/ the school?

Status as of

Feb, 2008

Date opened

Mar, 2000

Date of last activity

Mar, 2011

Date closed

Feb, 2008

Balance

Current Status

$0

Payment after charge off/collection

Seven year payment history

30 days late

0 times

60 days late

0 times

90+ days late

0 times

Worst Delinquency

None Reported

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: should i dispute a paid collection status?

I would contact the OC again and find out what is going on.  Tell them what your CR is showing and since they say it was not in collections if they will do anything about it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.