cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i do $1100 PIF on these 2006 Collections -will it increase my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

should i do $1100 PIF on these 2006 Collections -will it increase my score?

Hi

Im getting frustrated...nothing seems to be going the way I want. (Uhh life!) I have parking tickets that are now in collections with Alliance 0ne in Seattle. Alliance one said "they do not do PFD. they just mark it as paid collection. I need to increase my score by dec in order to secure home loan so will this help any?

Or should i save my money for the others that would do pfd?

thanks again

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: should i do $1100 PIF on these 2006 Collections -will it increase my score?

I think you already know the answer to your question   but   in the event that you  really don't   your  score will not increase  if you don't  get  a pfd    on   collections.  In some cases your score will drop   when  the  CA updates the TL as paid.  Work on getting pfd's  when  and where you can.  You might want to list your TLs and  the experts  on here will  guide you through  what you  have to do optimize your score.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that

I have 17 collections & 5 postive accounts so there lots to list.  Most are parking tickets & medical.

I have about 6 accounts that are old cc dept that I will start doing PFD

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should use HIPPA process for medical collections.  Google "whychat" for more info and then post back with specific questions.  If you follow this HIPPA process to the "T" then there is a good chance you'll get those removed.

On all the collections, you need to send out DV letters first.  Then afterwards work with either the OC (to accept direct payment & pull collection contract with CA) or proceed with PFD to the CA's.

Simply paying them won't help your score.  You are looking for DELETION!  Make sure you get it in WRITING!!!  

Search here for DV & PFD letter examples.  Post with specific questions.

Oh yeah, if within SOL be forewarned they could sue you which is why SOL is so important.  Should one pursue you, you can PIF to avoid the lawsuit.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again but they refused to do pfd. They even refused to reduce the fees.

Im moving onto the next collections. Im going to sent out a batch of dvs tomorrow. How long do you give them to respond to a dv?

thanks

Message 5 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I'd suggest working your way backwards ....trying to get rid of the newer ones first as they hold more weight.

Good luck & you can do it.  I have an old report like that...except for the GOOD accts.  I think I had 2 Smiley Sad

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks again but they refused to do pfd. They even refused to reduce the fees.

Im moving onto the next collections. Im going to sent out a batch of dvs tomorrow. How long do you give them to respond to a dv?

thanks

Remember, no one has to accept PFD's or GW's....it's a 50/50 thing.  Sometimes talking to a different rep (or the CEO) or simply being persistent pays off.

In all cases, you should DV.  That is really the first step.  

Remember....use the HIPPA process for medical collections.  It is more specific than "normal collections" but your chances of getting removals are much better.  

As far as duration....I don't believe CA's have a set time limit to respond to DV letters; however, the way I understand it is that they cannot report if they cannot verify.  Someone else with more experience can chime in, but I *think* I'd give them 30 days and if they don't respond I would send a copy of the DV letter & green card to the CRA's and dispute with them.  

Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is correct that a CA has no set time period to respond to a DV request.  The purpose of FDCPA 809(a) is to stop active collection activity until such time as validtion is required.

Sending DV information to the CRAs is useless.  The DV process is purely between the consumer and the CA, and the CRA will care less whether or not the CA has validated back to you.  It is not the basis for any dispute wth the CRA.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for all the support.

Robert, so your saying its a waste of time to send DV to CA. Should I just skip this step & move onto PFD. Of theu dont agree to PFD should I still do PIF?

I had another Big NO to pfd  It was for lincoln towing...she said as required by the fair....We must report to credit bureas....

I already in process of have ing PDF removed so not sure how valid this is.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.