Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should i do a rapid rescore??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

should i do a rapid rescore??

i just paid my cc today bringing my utl from 34% to 8%. i need 13 points to get a usda loan as opposed to a fha loan,which would save me thousands!! the cc company wont report until the 16th of this month but i dont want to waste the money if i wont get the 13 points i need.  my scores are EQ 608 EXP 627 TU 637. i am already under contract and need the mortgage commitment by may 15th. also can i just do RR with exp and tu since EQ shouldnt really matter?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: should i do a rapid rescore??

@Anonymous wrote:

i just paid my cc today bringing my utl from 34% to 8%. i need 13 points to get a usda loan as opposed to a fha loan,which would save me thousands!! the cc company wont report until the 16th of this month but i dont want to waste the money if i wont get the 13 points i need.  my scores are EQ 608 EXP 627 TU 637. i am already under contract and need the mortgage commitment by may 15th. also can i just do RR with exp and tu since EQ shouldnt really matter?  

If the credit card reports until the 16th, you are looking at around the 20th until you see them on your reports.. so if you don't think 25 days is enough time to get the commitment, then go for it. I do think you will get the 13 points, 34% to 8% is a nice favorable drop, but it ultimately depends on your credit makeup.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: should i do a rapid rescore??

If it will save you thousands, it's probably worth at least trying!

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.