Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*sigh*... denial letters

tag
liesierre
Regular Contributor

Re: *sigh*... denial letters

Gah... stupid inquiries...made my scores go down.... Scorewatch says 630 now instead of 633.

it was bad timing to put in a bunch of inquiries this month since the 3 from car loan shopping last Feb are still technically a factor...

the removal of the one collection hasnt hit my accounts yet...

neither has the VS card I am expecting in the mail (revolving credit I need)....
and the Samuels purchase I made yesterday also hasnt hit (10% util between VS/Samuels instead of $0)

so for the moment, my score sucks.... it still looks like I have $0 credit balance, zero revolving credit, and 3 collections instead of 2

the inquiries made my Experian go down to 594 (2/11) from 623(2/4) in the denial letters from Bank of the West and Bank of America....

Starting Score: EQ 633 TU ? EX 623 (lender)
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 720 EX 682
Goal Score: 720

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 11 of 15
jmoney3457
New Contributor

Have you tried calling BOA's manual consideration lines? They can manually override those auto denials.

Message 12 of 15
liesierre
Regular Contributor

yeah...i called them. thats how i knew i would be denied ahead of time... 

oh well. they are not bk friendly...i wouldnt have wasted the inquiry if i had known it at the time I applied. I'm just gonna cut my losses and do the best I can with the 2 store cards I have for the next year. 

hopefully next year I will be able to get approved for an actual credit card of some type...i really can't handle any more inquiries this year.

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 13 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

I know for a fact that you worked hard and diligently last week and you have done a remarkable job in such a short time (10 days)

Keep your head high you should be proud of your accomplishment thus far. You now know what needs to be done and you already had an excellent game plan/timeline.

BRAVOSmiley Wink

P.S. if Cap1 doesn't come thur don't forget to ask several banks in your area about the secured loan or secured CC but make sure to ask about HP first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it not you have 3 TL now to work with

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 15
liesierre
Regular Contributor

I think I have too many inquiries already right now. I gotta get at least 6 months to a year of paying the store cards I think before I make another move cuz I think I would be wasting more inquiries and its already made my score drop.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.