Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signature on pfd?

tag
scanada_82
New Contributor

signature on pfd?

hello again everybody! Once i have a pfd letter ready to send, should i sign the letter before dropping it in the mail. Im getting mixed reviews. Yes or no with the ink signiture? thanks

683 fico
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: signature on pfd?

I did mine in manuscript. I was told not to use my signature as well.
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Many will advise not to sign communications with a debt collector under fear they may forge your signature.

That advise is commonly given when sending a DV.

Personally, I disagree when the communication is of a legal nature, such as a DV.

The statute requires a DV to be in writing, and sent by the consumer.  The purpose of a signature is proof it was sent by you.

Sending CMRRR and then failing to affix proof that you are the sending party would not be my recommendation.

Arguably, a debt collector could question whether an unsigned DV was sent by the actual consumer.

As to signing a PFD, it has no statuory requiements, and is simply a private offer until accepted.

Less reason to sign, but I would personally sign a contract offer.

Message 3 of 7
scanada_82
New Contributor

Is it a problem if i dont have access to the full account number in th eletter. They can come back and say their is no way to verify who i am or for what account this is for without the full account number or social security number? i feel like il never get this settled.

683 fico
Message 4 of 7
scanada_82
New Contributor

Knowledgable people?
683 fico
Message 5 of 7
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

No...just put what you have...if they have the debt they'll find it with what they provided on your credit report. You can contact the CRA and request the whole account number also.
Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would not be signing any PFD offer to a JDB/CA Typed name only, they will know its you as no one else would make an offer IMO.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.