Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soft pulls by cavalry porfolio

tag
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

soft pulls by cavalry porfolio

I noticed that this company was poking around in my TU in May. I have no idea how they have my info to do a soft pull. To my knowledge, I shouldn't have anymore baddies. What is amiss? How do I find out what cards they are holding in their hand and WHO even gave them the deck?

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: soft pulls by cavalry porfolio

Maybe something old and past reporting period.
Message 2 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd wait it out, but I'd also pull your CRs weekly at least from somewhere to keep an eye on them just in case something pops on. I would also do some ground research like looking up licensing info for the CA in your state (and theirs). And I'd also think of any possible OC that it could belong to, especially for baddies in which a recent CA fell off or stopped collecting (just in case they sold it to Calvary). I would also monitor your phones to see who could be calling and mail for the dunning of course. But that's as far as I would go. I wouldn't send anything until they report and/or send a dunning letter. As mentioned, nothing might happen. In my repair days, I had quite a few sniff around but nothing came of it.

Message 3 of 9
fot1
Established Contributor

Also might be a good idea to "Opt out" for awhile

Too many to list..
Message 4 of 9
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Does opting out help? Opting out stops firm offers of credit and insurance according to the website, but wouldn't CAs already have your info to soft?
Message 5 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IME, opting out doesn't prevent soft pulls by CAs. However, if the soft pull was the result of the CRA providing info to the CA after an event on your CR (e.g. mortgage pull, auto inquiry, added account, debt paydown, etc.), then in the next go around, the CA won't be notified and therefore a soft won't happen. Of course, they can pull anytime anyway, but at least they won't get any alerts.

Message 6 of 9
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Ahh, got it, was kinda in the dark about how it helped.
Message 7 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When any party makes request for your CR, they must identify themselves and provide a reason that qualifies under one or more provisions of FCRA 604 as a permissible pull.

You have the right under FCRA 609(a)(1) to request directly from the CRA any information reported to your credit file, and the name of the party who reported it.

Send the CRA a request under FCRA 609(a)(1) for the reason presented that authorized the CRA to provide them your CR, along with the name of the inquiring party.

Requests under FCRA 609(a)(1) require the payment of a fee, which is currently $10.50, and proof of your identity, so include those in your request.

Message 8 of 9
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

I don't want to go stirring up a den of snakes. I thought it was weird that I got a new telephone number added on 4/29 which happens to be my ex-sister in laws father. Then the soft pull. I wonder if they are related to each other. I've been divorced 11 years and all the accounts that I had with my ex were paid in 2005. Besides my medical bills which are old and at a CA across town I just have Cap 1 and a credit card that's past SOL with NCO. It should drop off November 2011. I don't see why anyone would have to skip trace me. My telephone number has been on my credit report since 98 and I'm still getting mail at the same address. When I looked at the TU report it has no permissable reason with the collection agency info. Do you think someone is looking for me or my ex? I do remember getting some notices for him a few years ago which I returned as a bad address. He didn't care about his credit then and he certainly don't give a toot now.

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.