Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some accounts reporting payment status UNKNOWN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

some accounts reporting payment status UNKNOWN

i was going thru my credit report on credit check total and I have quite a few accounts reporting payment status Unknown.

Should i get there corrected or leave them alone? It's my TU report. I am trying to raise my score. current TU 586

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: some accounts reporting payment status UNKNOWN

I think it depends, did you pay on time?

I have a couple unknowns on my mortgage back in the same timeframe that I have 3 30 days late. I suspect during that time I was late, maybe a full 30 days late, and maybe not. While I know they don't help my scores, I don't believe the unknowns hurt my score, so I'm going to leave them alone.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

one is a secured card i had with wells fargo. when i filed BK i didnt even include wells fargo but its there policy to close all accounts. so my card was closed and they used my secured funds to zero out my balance on my account. but they wont send me a letter stating that. they will only send me a letter stating it was IIB. so i can leave it as Unknown or update it and it will say IIB

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

one is a secured card i had with wells fargo. when i filed BK i didnt even include wells fargo but its there policy to close all accounts. so my card was closed and they used my secured funds to zero out my balance on my account. but they wont send me a letter stating that. they will only send me a letter stating it was IIB. so i can leave it as Unknown or update it and it will say IIB

If the account was not delinquent when it was closed due to the BK filing, then I would just let it be. Unknown status is in no way derogatory.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

some of them were actually late before i filed BK. so im assuming its best to leave them alone

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.