Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some advice.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: some advice.

Well I applied and got this

Thank you for submitting an application for a Capital One credit card.

We attempt to provide an application decision in 60 seconds or less. On occasion, system availability affects our ability to make a credit decision or, in some cases, we need to collect additional information. Unfortunately, we need more time to look into this for you.

Keep an eye out for additional details regarding your application via email or mail within 7-10 business days.

Until we contact you, please do not submit another application.

Should I call or is this just a nice way of saying that i didnt get approved?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, app even though the prequal didn't give you any results. App for the QS 1 or the Platinum (you can upgrade the platinum to QS later). If its a denial, no sweat, just try again in 1-2 months.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They'll send you an email in a few days with a link in it. It may request additional information or it will give you a denial reason. Could go either way. No need to call.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, how many collections did you pay?  When those updated or do update to paid, they will look "new" (fall off date would remain the same.  Write goodwill letters to the companies and ask for deletion.  Send them over and over, don't take the first no. As the months pass, with or without deletion, that area will improve.

Second, if it was me, I wouldn't have applied for a QS with a 550.  Let your secured card gain some history.  4-6 months and then, if you are closer to 600, try Capital One again.  I wouldn't waste the triple pull until I was in the 600 ballpark, even better a little higher. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

First, how many collections did you pay?  When those updated or do update to paid, they will look "new" (fall off date would remain the same.  Write goodwill letters to the companies and ask for deletion.  Send them over and over, don't take the first no. As the months pass, with or without deletion, that area will improve.

Second, if it was me, I wouldn't have applied for a QS with a 550.  Let your secured card gain some history.  4-6 months and then, if you are closer to 600, try Capital One again.  I wouldn't waste the triple pull until I was in the 600 ballpark, even better a little higher. 

I paid off 2. both were not over $250 dollars. I've called both the places and they said they didn't participate in the early deletion. But i guess emailing and sending some letters wont hurt me, I guess i'll check around here for some sample GW letters and hopefully get those 2 taken care. as far as applying for the QS card if i get it thats great, if i dont that will give me a small goal to reach. This places is full of knowlege and I'm thankful

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.