cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:( sooooo ashamed to say (inquiry addict) and need help boosting my credit score up

tag
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

Re: :( sooooo ashamed to say (inquiry addict) and need help boosting my credit score up

thanks all.I'm gonna think very hard about that new house and car that I want and pray to god that help me stop apping. I will even wake up in the middle of the night and apply at 3 in the morning that's how I just got my care credit
card a week ago. I don't always get denied. that's why I keep applying all these cards
are new. not even 5 months old.
Message 11 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: :( sooooo ashamed to say (inquiry addict) and need help boosting my credit score up

Time (itself) is a part if rebuilding we often ignore.

Reading some of the credit scoring information available here has really helped educate me about how too many new accounts drags down scores.

Last thing anyone wants to do is hit their target score yet still not qualify for underwriting due to an itchy, uncontrollable app finger.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

So if you are realling wanting a car and house in 2012, you better nip this in the bud.  RIGHT NOW.  Or it's not going to happen.  Put a picture up of your dream car and house and put it by your computer.  That might help you stop applying online.

Good Luck.  (One day at a time is good advice).

Good Advice I have a 3 ring binder that I am keepling all my credit repair paperwork in on the front of this binder

is a picture of my little house at the beach and it sits on my desk so anytime I feel the need to app, or go over my UTIL

I look at my binder and all is well Smiley Happy  My little beach house will be on the market in  Mid 2013 when the current least is up

and I want to have my scores, down payment  and emergency fund all set by then!!!

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 13 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ladyvg270 wrote:

I have no idea I went from not having a credit card with a score of  480 to having a 659 credit score only having a capital one card and I guess Im just happy to have something I was once not able to have. I got my first credit card in 2008 Im 30 years old now so I was EXCITED. now I just cant seem to stop applying I have stopped for 3 months before then I go app crazy all over again. my credit cards are a half of all the limits.

Freeze your reports, also cut up CC's that you do not need. Get the balances paid off.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 15
ladyvg270
Regular Contributor

how do I freeze my accounts or credit?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.