Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sooooo, before we start . . . .

tag
greent
Frequent Contributor

sooooo, before we start . . . .

So, i know i have asked already about this a couple times before but before we start a process we want to know which would be the best way to go about it.

For medical collections that have started reporting on my credit a few months ago we would want to follow the HIPAA process or the pay for delete process??? The accounts are all at the CA. I'm nervous about this whole thing but really want all four medical collections off my report. 

The accounts have not been paid off yet, before i pay them in full i want to make sure they will be deleted. (well i did pay one off already so I'm going to send a GW letter to have them remove the account off my report). Im a credit mess right now hoping to go back to the good old days where good credit was not an issue. . . . thanks all for your help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: sooooo, before we start . . . .

This is what worked for me. I sent a PFD.  CA called me, I let the answering machine take it, they were saying they would delete, so I talked with them , said I'll see them tomorrow.CA  was about 10miles away, in the next big city.

I PIF, they already had a signed deletion letter for me. They asked me to wait a minute, while they sent the deletion notice to all 3 CRA's. My accts were about 4 yrs old.Only sent one statement per yr.

IMO----You said your accts are new. Call the OC, to ask them to pull back the collection acct,and pay them.If the OC wont pull it back, then PFD.

The way I feel is you are asking them for a favor---a deletion--so you need to be nice.

HIPPA process-- when you are tell them you will take appropriate legal action against them--I don't feel they are going to be nice.

Which way you deal with the CA-Only you can decide. I was just letting you know MY experience & opinion.

Good Luck to you Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.