Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sprint collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

sprint collections

I need some advice on what to do about an old account that I had with sprint 4 or 5 years ago that is in collections with Calvary Portfolio Srvcs. If I remember corectly according to one of my credit reports it said that it would fall off my record in Dec 2012.  Right now currently the account shows closed on experian, and shows still open on TransUnion.  i believe its closed it just hasnt updated to Transunion.  From what i have researched online I cannot get them to delete it off my credit even if i pay in full.  If this is the case I don't know if it is better for me to just wait til december of next year when it will fall off or try to make a settlement in the next couple months.  I also need to know if this negative account is continuously hurting my credit report each month or if it has already done the damage to my score so that if i wait a few months to pay it off it won't hurt me anymore.  I appreciate any advice.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: sprint collections

.  From what i have researched online I cannot get them to delete it off my credit even if i pay in full. 

HI - you mean you've read other posters here at MYFICO say this company won't pay for delete?  Doesn't matter - try anyway!  I've learned that lenders like to see collections paid b4 closing on a house.  It won't raise your score to pay and leave it on your report, but it will help if they delete.  Get them to agree in writing and then pay.  If they don't delete you can then dispute w/ the letter you have from them.

Good Luck.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.