Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

state tax liens

tag
alexhortdog
Regular Contributor

Re: state tax liens

Figured I'd bump this with an update...

I got the state to send me a 'Termination of Tax Lien' letter via email.  I also asked the man from the state if it was the same as a withdrawal of lien.  He said the following:

"That may be a question you need to check with the reporting agency as the state does not use the lien withdrawal terminology."

I need to know if this is going to be a tremendous waste of my time and effort.  What do you guys think?

Starting Score: 605 (Experian); 588 (Equifax); 590 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 626 (Experian); 667 (Equifax); 670 (TransUnion)
Goal Score: 800

Message 11 of 12
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: state tax liens

@virgo wrote:
Robert,

If I may add something; Tax liens can be completely removed from the cb's due to new laws.

If they are already paid and released its relatively easy. Go on the gov website and download the withdrawal form. It will not be done automatically. But all you have to do is request it.

If a lien is still owing, you just have to enter an agreement, make sure three consecutive payments are honored and you can make the request.

Also, digress decided the the states franchise tax board should do the same. But you would need to check with your own state government for the procedures.

Hope this helps.

This is only accurate in terms of IRS liens, not state liens.. each state has their own rules relating to deletion

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.