Valued Member
chryanna

states with less than 7 years of reporting history

I know NY reduces the time a CO or collection can stay on your account to 5 years if you pay it off. Do any other states have similar provisions?

pizzadude

Re: states with less than 7 years of reporting history

chryanna wrote:

I know NY reduces the time a CO or collection can stay on your account to 5 years if you pay it off. Do any other states have similar provisions?

Nope.   Sorry ~ just NY.  

However I believe that NC recently passed a "super SOL" which basically makes debt uncollectable after the SOL expires.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
MarineVietVet

pizzadude wrote:

Nope.   Sorry ~ just NY.  

However I believe that NC recently passed a "super SOL" which basically makes debt uncollectable after the SOL expires.

Here is a thread talking about the NC Super SOL.

New Contributor
freshstart2012

I need to move out of Texas it seems :smileywink:

GOALS
GW Crescent bank to delete 3 30 day lates, GW Transouth Financial to delete 4 30 day lates, GW Sams club, GW Service Credit Union, GW Paramount Recovery, PFD LVNV Funding, PFD Applied Bank, PFD Capital One, PFD Asset Acceptance, PFD Capital One
pizzadude

freshstart2012 wrote:

I need to move out of Texas it seems :smileywink:

Actually Texas is pretty good about DVs ~ there is a strict 30 day period that the CA has to repsond in, no other state has that.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}