cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck in a hole

tag
logansmom0117

stuck in a hole

Ugh!  I need to vent and ask for advice.  I am stuck behind on many things right now.  My credit sucks.  Can't find a way to dig out.  I was doing so well with taking care of it all.....and my other half decided to spend way too much the last month so we are playing catch up right now. My score is 582.  And between the both of us we make a decent living, almost 95,000 a year.  I am salary he isn't.  I don't know where to turn...family can't help.  I need a cosigner for a loan at this point....any takers?  lol Where can I post a budget and get some help?  

Thanks!

Leigh Ann 

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: stuck in a hole

Post it here.  $95,000 can be a good living...or not.  It depends on WHERE you live.  NYC, not so much.  OH....awesome!

Post everything here and peeps will take a look and give you some suggestions.  I hope you aren't joint users on anything! 

Message 2 of 44
logansmom0117

This is my current spreadsheet, everything looks good on paper.  I need to stick with the budget better.  I know....I need my fiance on board also...and pull the reigns in.  I have our take home pay listed below.  The 95000 is before taxes and deductions.   

rent/mortgage 500 

Debt payment(CC's (163, car 437, school 112 cu 132) 850 

car insurance 140

Gas (car) 500

tolls 40

Food  500 

formula/diapers 300 

phone 200 

play money  300 

daycare 840 

Total Out 4170 

Total Paychecks 4228 

Message 3 of 44
logansmom0117

And right now I am -66 in my checking account.  This keeps happening......

Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

A budget is no good if you are not tracking your spending, where did your money go? Did you actually spend $500 on food? What does play money consist of? What about your utilities?

Message 5 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right about one thing ... you need to get him on board. If you guys aren't working together, you'll never fix it. 

My wife gave all the responsibility to me and I'm grateful she did. She doesn't always like the restrictions I place on her spending, but we're saving money now, and paying down bills and I'm working on restoring my credit. Unfortunately hers may be too far down to fix. 

Why do you spend so much on gas? Is there anyway that can be decreased? Carpool? Public Transit? 

You may have to cut some of your "play money" too ... Can anyone (like family or a friend) help you by providing daycare? That's a huge expense I know (we had twins, mercifully we had a family member to provide in home daycare at a much lower rate). 

Message 6 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A budget is no good if you are not tracking your spending, where did your money go? Did you actually spend $500 on food? What does play money consist of? What about your utilities?

THIS! I started using Mint.com when I took over the money, so I could track and see where we were spending money. It's a HUGE help and it makes you truly see what you spend and where it goes. 

Message 7 of 44
logansmom0117

No ulitities.  We pay my mom  500 per month for rent.  Looking to get a mortgage as soon as I get a grip on spending and budgets.  I have Dave Ramsey every dollar app. I need to be using it!  We do spend close to 500 a month on groceries.  Play money is the extra.  Fiance smokes....clothes, hair cuts etc.  Although there is never enough left for clothes. 

Message 8 of 44
logansmom0117

We both work far away.  I am only going into the office twice a week now, 62 miles one way.  He travels about 40 mins to work every day.  I have to track that better too.  

Message 9 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its great that you have looked into Dave Ramsey, my wife and I live by a lot of his principles and it has helped us immensely. Use the app and track just for a month, you will be amazed on where your money goes.

How many people are you feeding? $125 a week on groceries for what sounds like a family of 2 is exorbitant. 

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.