Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck in a rut

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

stuck in a rut

I first found this website after I pulled my experian credit report. My credit is trashed but I have been paying as much as I can off. Last year my score was 548, yesterday I checked its still at 548. I have steadily been paying off the collection accounts I have. I just don't get what I'm doing or have done wrong during this rebuilding process. I have no credit cards but two student loans that have been current for a year. any suggestions?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MamboItaliano
Frequent Contributor

Re: stuck in a rut

A year of the same score is almost impossible because you have AAOA increasing and balances decreasing. 

I am assuming you are on Experian.com. Did ANYTHING change (new accounts, new collections, higher AAOA, etc) when you hit "refresh report?" 

Re-entered the garden on 9/16/2013.

Starting Score: (TU) 517 (EQ) 469 (EX) 519 (6/1/2010)
Current Score: (TU98) 714 (TU04) 712 (EQ Beacon 5.0) 672 (EX -FICO v2) 724 (6/13/13)
Goal Score: 700 Club for all 3 (2 out of 3 so far)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it was the main experian website. it said no negative info has been added for a year. one collection account was deleted and another marked as paid.
Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes, it was the main experian website. it said no negative info has been added for a year. one collection account was deleted and another marked as paid.

The scores you get from experian are not FICO scores, so I wouldn't bother with them.   In order to know where you really stand I would recommend pulling a FICO score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am really confused. where is the best place to get a real FICO score
Message 5 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Equifax will sell you a FICO score directly:   http://www.equifax.com/credit-score/

Transunion and Experian no longer sell FICO scores directly to consumers.

MyFICO offers Equifax and Transunion FICO scores.    http://www.myfico.com/Products/Products.aspx

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, so the experian score I got was not a fico was it just the representation of an actual score? I used free score.com last year for the score and that was fake too? I'm so new to this credit thing.
Message 7 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yes, many of the credit scores out there are not FICO scores, but what we call FAKO scores.   They are sold by the CRAs because they make more money off them than FICO scores, but unfortunately they aren't the scores that lenders use ( with a few exceptions ).    There is no correlation between FICO and FAKO scores.

I'd recommend that you take a few minutes to read some of these ~ specifically the Credit Scoring 101 thread, it should help explain:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/19320

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.