sued

tag
KAISMOM
Contributor

Re: sued

This is their address a P.O box:

540 Hidden Valley Parkway Suite 106-175
Corona CA 92879

Southwest Premier & Plus 25.8k I Alaska Air 21k I Discover It 16k I United Explorer 15k I Chase Business Ink Cash 12k I Wells Fargo 2.5k I Bill Me Later 7k I Amazon 3.5k

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Goal Score: 820
Message 21 of 27
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@KAISMOM wrote:

This is their address a P.O box:

540 Hidden Valley Parkway Suite 106-175
Corona CA 92879

I read on the "other" boards that, while this P.O. Box does indeed belong to them, the company isn't even in California.  Someone had contacted the California AG's office and they said there was nothing they could do since the business was from out of state.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 22 of 27
Officer737
Established Contributor

Have your family members to tell them to stop calling them or they will prosecute them for telephone harrassment (the law requires at least 1 verbal request), they call them again and they need to file a report for telephone harrassment with their local police department then prosecute them. As far as them saying they will serve you with papers? Tell them go ahead! Most courts require a minimum of 30 days notice prior to a hearing even in small claims civil court. Here is something most people don't know, if the company is in CA and you are in Kansas, they have to file suit in Kansas! They have to hire a firm in Kansas to file the suit, have you served and then represent the company in court. If you do get a summons to appear, call the courthouse and verify it. Don't use the number written on the summons, find the real phone number for the courthouse and with the case number the clerk can give you the information for the company and the attorney representing them.

Message 23 of 27
Officer737
Established Contributor

One more thing, I have NEVER seen anyone predict exactly when you are going to get served with papers in civil suits, or any other court documents. Civil summons has to be served in person they cannot be mailed, faxed or left on the door. That is not proper service and violates court procedures and if you want to see a ticked off judge and see a case dismissed quickly, violate his court's procedure!!

Message 24 of 27
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Officer737 wrote:

One more thing, I have NEVER seen anyone predict exactly when you are going to get served with papers in civil suits, or any other court documents. Civil summons has to be served in person they cannot be mailed, faxed or left on the door. That is not proper service and violates court procedures and if you want to see a ticked off judge and see a case dismissed quickly, violate his court's procedure!!

That depends on what state you are in.  There are states that allow a summoms to be mailed or even taped to your door.

Message 25 of 27
Officer737
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

That depends on what state you are in.  There are states that allow a summoms to be mailed or even taped to your door.

Very true, where I live they require it to be delivered to the person named and they are required to sign for it or the servicing agent must provide proof they were legally notified.

Message 26 of 27
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Real process servers don't call ahead. Smiley Very Happy

This is either an attempt to collect on a time-barred debt or a scam to get people to pay money they don't really owe.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.