Established Contributor
granny031350

suing a credit union

I filed a small claims this am against a local credit union.  I am asking for 2000.00 (1000.00) per violation of the FCRA.

They posted as charged off (charged off in Jan 2009) an account that was included in my chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2001.  This account fell off my credit report last year per the seven year rule.  So they reaged it AND have put a debt older than 7 years back on my credit report.

Secondly, I believe that they have violated the permanent stay placed on this debt by my bankruptcy discharge.

These are my justifications. 

After doing this, I am now nervous.  LOL So does anyone have any points of the FCRA that I could use other than sections 605 and 617?

They posted this information the exact day I had my credit pulled for a mortgage application.  So they have really damaged my chances in that regard.

I guess I am looking for suggestions and information that I could use in my defense in court.  I am positive that the judge will not be in my favor, even though I am the plaintiff in this case.  I am not a member of the ole boy network.

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Debbie

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+