Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

tax lien

I have a tax lien on my credit , i now have a payment plan set up ,creditors wont touch me with this lien on my credit . can this lien be removed ?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: tax lien

Besides paying it and getting it changed to a non-suit

You have to wait 7years.

tinker37 wrote:
I have a tax lien on my credit , i now have a payment plan set up ,creditors wont touch me with this lien on my credit . can this lien be removed ?

Message 2 of 4
dexx

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-regs/td8951.pdf

See Pg 7/8... If you have a payment plan in place it could be done

Message Edited by dexx on 06-08-2008 10:10 PM
Message 3 of 4
improving

Basically, you can negotiate to have the tax lien withdrawn as long as you create a situation that is mutually beneficial for both you and the IRS to do so. One example - offer to pay off the balance in exchange for the Withdrawal (this worked for me). I was trying to buy a house and needed a tax lien removed in order to increase my score. My argument that without my FICO score improved by the withdrawal of the lien, I would have to pay more in fees, money that I could instead use to pay off the balance of the lien. So basically, the money was either going to go towards mortgage fees up-front in the form of required points, or I could pay the IRS balance and not need to pay the points. Maybe the same could work if you offered a larger monthly payment. Same principle could apply for an auto loan - a much higher interest rate with the lien or lower interest rate w/o the lien....and the difference in the monthly payments due to the different interest rates could then be applied as additional monthly payment to the IRS. Whatever applies to your situation. Good luck.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.