cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the scores we get from miFICO are TRUE Fico scores???

tag
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

the scores we get from miFICO are TRUE Fico scores???

Just wondering if the scores we pay for through myFICO are TRUE FICO scores?  I also get free credtit check monitoring from USAA (my bank) but it's showing a lower score than what myFico just alerted me my TU score changed to???!!! now i'm confused because i always thought that my credit check monitoring was off by about 20-30pts

today i got a myFICO alert that my TU score rose to 576 (from 496 back in 7/2011) and i'm THRILLED to see it slowly but surely rising to that 620 range to become eligible to buy a house! =)  But my credit check monitoring report i refreshed today says 572 which is odd because back in November my TU score here was 565 and my credit check monitoring score was 595  (hence the 30pt difference)....soooo confused...but do NOT want lender to pull credit until after July...hopefully by then i can have that 620 to get approved for a house!!! =)

In the mean time i keep plugging away at the baddies on my credit and continue to make payments ontime on my obligations i have open!

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: the scores we get from miFICO are TRUE Fico scores???

Yes ~ the scores from MyFICO are actual FICO® scores.

Check the fine print of your monitoring service ~ if it only says credit score then It is not a FICO score. If it does not say FICO anywhere then it is not a FICO score
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does this mean my credit monitoring product with Eperian and equifqax are not true fico scores.?

Message 3 of 14
GregB
Valued Contributor

If they don't say FICO, they are not.

It is not likely but it is possible that you could have the Scorewatch from EQ that is the same as the one here.

Look at them carefully but you are likely getting useless scores that are not used by any lender of any kind.

Message 4 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So does this mean my credit monitoring product with Eperian and equifqax are not true fico scores.?

For sure the Exerian score is not a FICO. No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score (from any source) since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

The monitoring service from Equifax might be the read deal but you have to be very careful there. Equifax sells their own "Equifax Credit Score" which is not a FICO.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the advice. Wow! definitely a big difference, my score is much lower. But I am glad to know what my real fico score is at this point.

Message 6 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah, it can be very confusing with all the different scores for sale. But it is Good that you have your FICO score, so that you have a baseline of where you stand.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just purchased the 3 in one monitoring with 4 fico scores but those scores are EQ fico scores. How do I get TU  and EX fico scores?

Message 8 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You can't buy your EX FICO ~ it would have to come from a lender, there is one CU in Pennsylvania for example.   Or a CC like AMEX for example.

TU FICO can be purchased at MyFICO.  Also, the Walmart Visa card gives you free TU FICO scores as a perk.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! But I dont know if I could get a walmart visa with a true fico score of 551

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.