Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thinking about PFD now this??

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

thinking about PFD now this??

I have one last collection due to fall off may 2013. Its a small amount 196.00.  I really dont want to wait until it falls off my reports till next year so I thought about sending them a PFD offer.  When I was new to the whole credit shabang I called them and asked for a PFD and they flat out told me no. So maybe I could just pay them and ask for GW? However Ive been reading that if I just pay them and they update the status as paid zero balance that fico will now recognize this as a new account and I will get dinged on the score. I know this isnt supposed to happen but it is happening. However I just checked my EX report and the account is gone. I checked it again and again and its confirmed gone. Its still reporting on EQ and TU.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: thinking about PFD now this??

I'd wait if they are dropping. EX always updates first as you know.

Message 2 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I'd wait if they are dropping. EX always updates first as you know.

I did not know that thanks. You think theres a chance that it will be deleted from EQ and TU?

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If the drop from EX is very recent (inside 2-3 weeks), then the odds are in your favor that you'll see a continuation on EQ and TU. YMMV of course. Who knows, maybe they sold it. Or maybe they no longer report on EX. Or maybe it's close to CRTP and EX dropped early (not likely with EX).

Message 4 of 6
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Itis true EX updates first it seems, followed by TU then EQ being last.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

If the drop from EX is very recent (inside 2-3 weeks), then the odds are in your favor that you'll see a continuation on EQ and TU. YMMV of course. Who knows, maybe they sold it. Or maybe they no longer report on EX. Or maybe it's close to CRTP and EX dropped early (not likely with EX).

the last time i checked EX was around 2 mos ago give or take. i actually diputed one last account (other than the one that disappeared) via mail and when they sent me the results of the delete its when i noticed the supposedly last baddie was gone. Ive logged out and checked the report 3 times and its gone. I do believe on all 3 reports its on there until may 2013. Now im kinda hoping it will get deleted from TU and EQ lol

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.