Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ticked about fico now

tag
wally2159
Contributor

ticked about fico now

I only had one CC that was a closed acct by grantor that was at 69% util - Credit score was 554 - paid it in FUll for this month since that is the only thing left - simulator said it would jump to atleast 584-623 -  well it only went from 557 down to 555, darn it went down HOWWWWWW------- I am p#####!  I am wanting to get an FHA mortgage and need the score to go up which I have been working on - The only other two things left to pay are our two small auto loans------- both around 6000.00 so i am at a loss - I do have two small collections that are both medical which I was going to just pay to get the mortgage. I am stressed...........
Message Edited by wally2159 on 08-13-2009 05:49 AM
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ticked about fico now

Hi Wally!

Did you, by chance, do the simulator prior to your account being closed by the credit grantor, or at least prior to it hitting your credit reports as closed? I ask, because if your account was closed with a balance, and it was your only revolving account, then your utilization would have been over 100%.

Just paying your medical collections may not help your score, and may even cause more pain in the short-term with a score drop when the CAs update. I'd strongly suggest that you google the HIPAA process, and follow it to the letter in an effort to get those collections removed. If those two collections are your only baddies, then their removal might get you the points that you need. The reason that just paying won't help is that paid and unpaid collections carry the same amount of weight with regard to the actual score. When the CAs update, the recent activity might drop your score further. Try to have them removed, entirely.

wally2159 wrote:
I only had one CC that was a closed acct by grantor that was at 69% util - Credit score was 554 - paid it in FUll for this month since that is the only thing left - simulator said it would jump to atleast 584-623 -  well it only went from 557 down to 555, darn it went down HOWWWWWW------- I am p#####!  I am wanting to get an FHA mortgage and need the score to go up which I have been working on - The only other two things left to pay are our two small auto loans------- both around 6000.00 so i am at a loss - I do have two small collections that are both medical which I was going to just pay to get the mortgage. I am stressed...........
Message Edited by wally2159 on 08-13-2009 05:49 AM

Message 2 of 24
wally2159
Contributor

The account was closed for about 1.5 years but fico said that it was 69% util - dont think i can get any credit at this point to boost score - hardly owe anything but cant get anything not sure what to do

Message 3 of 24
wally2159
Contributor

Before I paid the 2000.00 down on closed cc account myfico told me high use of revolving credit - 69% but when i paid it off it told me no open revolving credit is a problem.  The account has been closed for about one and half years soooooo.......
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wally2159 wrote:
Before I paid the 2000.00 down on closed cc account myfico told me high use of revolving credit - 69% but when i paid it off it told me no open revolving credit is a problem.  The account has been closed for about one and half years soooooo.......

So it wasn't a charge-off?  It was a positive account?

By the way, if you have no open cards, have you checked to see what the simulator says about adding a cc (try $200 CL)...?
Message 5 of 24
wally2159
Contributor

no this one was not a charge-off and on time payments for 3 months and larger payments then payoff - do i just get cc that is prepaid then or what?  obviously not gonna get a card at 557 score..........
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try Orchard Bank. They have unsecured and secured credit cards. You may take another dip in score though because of the inquiry and it will be a new account which will make your AAoA decrease. But it should rise in time if you pay on time every month.

When do you plan on buying a home?

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wally,

I'm guessing (and it really is a shot in the dark without seeing the actual tradeline before you paid it off) that it may not have been reporting as "closed" previously. Now that it is reported as closed, you've probably taken a ding for having no open revolving credit accounts. Was it closed because of late payments? What's the worst derog (30, 60, 90 day lates) on the account, if any? How recent?

I'd suggest first taking care of your two collection accounts via the HIPAA process, then getting a secured card with a prime lender (major bank, and/or credit union). If you can wait on apping for a mortgage, this would give you some time to rebuild some good credit history with open accounts. Just to note, new credit and new mortgage apps don't mix very well, so if you're going to rebuild with new credit, you'll probably need to hold off on a mortgage app for 9-12 months.

Message 8 of 24
WorkingHard56
Valued Member

Apply for a Credit One Bank card.

Certaintly not the best around, but they are a good rebuilder.  

Message 9 of 24
wally2159
Contributor

The TL always said closed by credit grantor since last year.  It is so strange though because when balance went up 10.00 my score dropped by like 5 pnts but when i paid down the whole thing it dropped another 2-------- Could i have been rebucketed? I am so bummed i was figuring atleas a 20- 30 point jump
Message Edited by wally2159 on 08-14-2009 04:03 AM
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.