Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ticked about fico now

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ticked about fico now

If you app for the secured, they do not have to approve you. You can be denied. I was denied with scores in the mid to upper 500s. I was later approved for a partially secured (99/500) with my EX FICO at 650 or so (when we could pull EX). Assuming you are denied, you are only out one inquiry. Unless your scores are in the 700s, you probably wouldn't see a change to your EX FICO, assuming you could track the change. Heck, if not BofA, try your local bank or CU.

IMO, if it reports, with no open CCs reporting, you'll see an instant increase of 20+. If you appd now, it would report prior to the end of the month.

Message 21 of 24
wally2159
Contributor

Well if score is in the 557 range for all around i would probably be denied too with the secured.........................
Message 22 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry 'bout that. Forgot about your scores. I'd focus on repair.

Message 23 of 24
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

no harm in going to your local CU, talking one on one with a rep, and asking what they can do for you.  This seems to work more if you have been in your city and at the same job for at least a few years so they know you're less of a "flight risk."  Ask your friends and co-workers about their CU's, and how they like them.

Even if they can only give you a secured CC or a very low limit on an unsecured CC,it would be worth it

They may require that you switch your direct deposit to them, YMMV.

I never saw my FICO's before my first CC, but my score went up with my second CC (cap1), and first retail card (Target).

Message Edited by PayingTheBills on 08-14-2009 06:36 PM

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.