cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timeframe for PFD's

tag
app6204

timeframe for PFD's

I sent a PFD to Millenia Collections around the week of 3/24 for a small medical debt showing on my CR. I still have not heard back from them in response to my PFD.

Has anyone noticed a general timeframe when it comes to sending PFD's and getting a response from the CA? Maybe I'm just being too eager or impatient. This is the only derogatory mark on my credit report and I'm eager to PIF that it can be deleted and raise my score quite a bit.

Any information/advice is appreciated, and thanks.   

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: timeframe for PFD's

@app6204 wrote:

I sent a PFD to Millenia Collections around the week of 3/24 for a small medical debt showing on my CR. I still have not heard back from them in response to my PFD.

Has anyone noticed a general timeframe when it comes to sending PFD's and getting a response from the CA? Maybe I'm just being too eager or impatient. This is the only derogatory mark on my credit report and I'm eager to PIF that it can be deleted and raise my score quite a bit.

Any information/advice is appreciated, and thanks.   

It sometimes takes awhile, I'd send it again.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
app6204

Thanks Shogun. I guess I'll give it another shot and keep waiting.

Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds good, I'll have a happy dance waiting on you.  Good luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

PFDs sent to regular vanilla addresses are handled by subordinates.

Many creditors and debt collectors have a general no-delete based on payment of the debt policy conveyed to underlings as showing compliance with the CRA policy of no deletions based on payment of the debt.

Just sending again is apt to get the same dismissal, either formally or by way of simply ignoring it.

It might be more a natter of sending to a mangager than when and if to send again.

Message 5 of 6
app6204

That's a valid point and something that has definitely crossed my mind. I had planned on calling, but should I just request a manager or someone specific when I call? What would be the best way to accomplish what you're saying, RobertEG?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.