cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to file suit on collection agency or to not file?

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

to file suit on collection agency or to not file?

Long story short I disputed an item that Unique National Collections placed on my files. I then received a letter from them dated May 18th stating they are requesting the account to be removed from my file. As of today June 5 their account is still on my file and reporting as a negative collection account.

I am currently making a large purchase using financing and their item on my file is costing me in terms of rate due to score. 

Do I send them a letter demanding them to delete within 5 days of receipt of letter? File a small claims suit for max jurisdictional amount in my city for costing me in my financing in addition to violating the FDCPA

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: to file suit on collection agency or to not file?

It can take 30-60 days for deletion. You may want to call and ask them if they have made the request for deletion as their letter stated.

If they give you the run around. File a complaint with the BBB and upload the document with their deletion statement. That will put their butt in gear...

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: to file suit on collection agency or to not file?

How did you "dispute" the collection, what reported information was asserted to be inaccurate, and if you disputed via a CRA, what was the outscome as stated in their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation?

If the dispute was via the CRA and their finding was that it was to be deleted, then they would have done the deletedion, not the debt collector.

It thus appears that you only have a voluntary statement that they have chosen to delete, and not a legal finding in the dispute that it must be deleted.

Can you explain how and what was disputed, and its formal resolution?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.