cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to opt out or not to opt out? that is the question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: to opt out or not to opt out? that is the question.

Yikes!  I was falsely under the impression that after 7 or 7.5 years I was going to be golden halo girl again.  Not so.  How long do accounts in good standing stay on your report?  Forever?  If I have bad stuff in my credit file that doesn't show on my credit report, is there a way that I can see it?

If I have these things out in the world- and I have no idea whether they have been paid or the CA just forgot about them- how do I make it right?  Should I wait until the SOL is up first, and then address them?

I am so close to having a mortgage approved, I don't want to mess it up right now.

Thanks- and I'm giving you a new name- GENIUS56!

Message 11 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: to opt out or not to opt out? that is the question.

Closed accounts in good standing can stay for 10 years.

I don't think you can see your entire lifes credit file, just what is on your credit report.

If you don't know anything about them, unless the CA or OC contact you, there is no way for you to either find out or take care of them.  And if you don't know about them, you can't know if the SOL has expired.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.