Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to pay the judgment or not?

tag
AssistanceRequired
Valued Member

to pay the judgment or not?

I have a BK discharged 9/06, and  a seperate jdgmnt filed 3/06 which was not included in the initial paperwork/filing. It does not indicate satisfied/included in bk on CR. Its holding up my mortgage. What do I do? I cannot file a motion because it will update the discharge to 2010. Should I just pay the darn thing and get it over with?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: to pay the judgment or not?

If the judgment is valid and who have the ability to pay it, that seems like the right thing to do.  I'm not sure I understand why you would hesitate to pay it if you have the ability to do so.  It may take a bit of time to report "satisfied" on your CR's and at that point will still have the same impact on your FICO scores as before you paid it.

As far as it holding up your mortgage, I would post on the Mortgage Loans board and get some feedback - there are some very knowledgeable mortgage-type folks there.

Good luck and best wishes to you!

Message 2 of 5
happy0510
Established Contributor

Pay it at closing.

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
AssistanceRequired
Valued Member

the reason i hesitate pay:

i rented an apartment w/ the option to purchase. the apartment had been vacant for 6 years. i spent 5k renovating the apartment. when the 1 year lease was up, the co-op board decided that they did not want to neither sell nor continue to rent the apartment to me. returned my rent and gave me an eviction notice. when i went to court the judge told me that because, there was no written agreement, my choice to renovate was exactly that... my choice.

the co-op boards offer:

keep the rent that was returned, live out my security deposit, and move by the end of the month. my first inclination was to fight. but "an" attorney told me that i would be wasting my time and money. i credit my ignorance because instead to returning to court to tell the judge i would accept the offer and accept the agreement in writing, i was angry and emotional and called the co-op boards attorney and told her that i would accept the terms.  i sold my appliances and furniture on craigslist and turned the keys the 30th of March of that year.

end results:

a judgement for those months rent they returned to me.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AssistanceRequired wrote:

I have a BK discharged 9/06, and  a seperate jdgmnt filed 3/06 which was not included in the initial paperwork/filing. It does not indicate satisfied/included in bk on CR. Its holding up my mortgage. What do I do? I cannot file a motion because it will update the discharge to 2010. Should I just pay the darn thing and get it over with?

Thank you.

From what you explained there seems a possibility of having the judgment vacated.  You could file a Motion to Vacate since it seems your agreement with the Co-Op Board preceded the actual judgment.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.