cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

today I prevented a collection on my report!

tag
remethy
New Contributor

today I prevented a collection on my report!

I got one of those bills today that tend to turn into collections.  It's for an emergency room trip for my daughter.  At the time, due to a screwup of epic proportions involving agencies in two different states, my daughter's insurance had been cancelled without me being notified.  Long, complicated story, but by the time I found out, I ended up with a bill for a couple thousand dollars that I'm going to have to eat, because neither of the offices that screwed it up would or could do anything for me.  So I was feeling very sorry for myself getting stuck with this bill, and thinking how much it sucks that I now have to pay $41 a month for what feels like forever.

And then I realized - I just made sure this doesn't go to collections.   I didn't shove it into a drawer and forget to deal with it "later" like I used to with stuff like this.  I will never have to write letters asking for a PFD or goodwill.  No begging someone to take this off my report.  So yay!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 539
Current Score: EQ 648, TU 617, EXP 623
Goal Score: 700 by 2/2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

Re: today I prevented a collection on my report!

Nice feeling!! I've been going thru that lately too!

Message 2 of 4
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

YAY indeed!! Great way to think about a unpleasant sitatuion. I used to have collection letters coming in every day and now since I have paid all my outstanding bills, the only things I get in the mail are coupons, it's a nice change of events. 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
liesierre
Regular Contributor

last month I got a random medical bill from 2009...first time I had ever seen it or knew of it...this was before I joined here...

thankfully I paid it when it was due and thats one less hole I'll have to dig myself out of

Starting Score: EQ 633 TU ? EX 623 (lender)
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 720 EX 682
Goal Score: 720

Nordstrom Credit Card $4000CL, Target Credit Card $2000CL, CapitalOne Platinum $1500CL, Comenity Diamond Elite $1700CL, Victorias Secret $650CL
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.