Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too late to re-negotiate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

too late to re-negotiate?

I only found out myFICO after paid the collector. It’s too bad that I didn’t negotiate PFD in the first place. The payment was made using a credit card a few days back. Can I stop the payment and re-negotiate? Will the CA be so pissed-off to do nasty things to my credit reports? For example, the original 6-year old collection was reported only to one CRA. Can they now report it to all three CRAs?

My “paid in full” amount is a couple hundred dollars less than full amount. Is it possible to re-negotiate with the CA again and offer this difference for PFD? Will they be interested at all?

Finally, the collection item went “delinquency” in 2003. Will it be removed in 2010 (7 years after the first delinquency) or 2016 (7 years after my payment)? I hope my payment reset the time! Many thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
johnsj21
Regular Contributor

Re: too late to re-negotiate?

Since you paid with a CC then it's likely they have already applied to the funds and noted you account as paid.  I think your best bet at this point would be to GW. 

9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can not tell you ro cancel the CC payment or not. Usually you would have to lie to the CCC.

By making payment you might have reset the SOL and they can come after you for the rest of the amount.

You should have mail the CA a DV  CMRRR  and then of they answered with the correct info. mailed a PFD or offerend a settlement amount with an agreement that the debt was PIFd.

If payment was not made they could only report until past CRTP (7-7.5 years from DOFD)

SOL is set by each state unless there is a federal SOL.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cc/20040116b2.asp?caret=8

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much for replying! I guess I will try GW.

Will the item still be removed after 7/7.5 years? Or will it stay another 7/7.5 years because of my payment? Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.