Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tradline history not late but status is late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

tradline history not late but status is late

account status saids (30 days past due) but the tradlines does not say late for september. i wonder when will the account status gets update to pay as agreed? thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: tradline history not late but status is late

I am not quite sure of what you are asking.  If you are asking whether an account can be delinquent with the OC, and yet still not be reportable as a late to the CRA, the answer is yes.

Delinquencies with the OC are based on the due date set forth in their billing statement.  A payment not received for at least the minimum balance within the 30-day period set in the billing statement is a delinquenct account.

However, delinquencies reportable to the CRAs as 30-day lates are not based on the billing due date or the actual status of the OC account.  They record the fact of a payment remaining delinquent for at least 30-days past the billing due date, which is normally 60-days past the billing statement date.

This gives rise to the fact that a 30-day late reported to a CRA is not usually the same date as the DOFD on an account.  The legal DOFD is based on delinquency on an account, and not reportable delinquency to a CRA.  Your DOFD usually precedes the date of your first 30-day late by a month.

Message 2 of 3
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Re: tradline history not late but status is late

@Anonymous wrote:

account status saids (30 days past due) but the tradlines does not say late for september. i wonder when will the account status gets update to pay as agreed? thanks

Have you EVER had a 30 day late on that account?  On my account, I have a personal loan that is actually paid, off, but because one 30-day hit my report in the middle of my repayment period, my status says 30 days late.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.