cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transunion dispute verification process!!

tag
grussell70
Contributor

transunion dispute verification process!!

I have been disputing a collection account with transunion since october. I disputed online first 10/12/10 they claim they didn't have the dispute even though I have a confirmation from them. then I called on 10/20/10 to check the status because the collection agency told me to dispute it and they would remove it when they receive the dispute. guess what no active dispute on that account so I re-disputed it that same day. on 11/03/10 I check the status of the dispute and a cust svc rep said they have no record of a dispute again and asked if I would like to dispute it again. I said NO!! get me someone on the phone that can tell me what happened to the other two disputes. got a supervisor supposedly. he told me that the dispute had been closed and that the collection agency verified it as a valid debt. I asked what proof did they send because the CA told me to dispute it because the OC couldn't not supply them with any paper work to support the collection. transunion told me they send disputes electronically to the CA and they respond back the same way and they verified it as a valid debt no backup or nothing was sent.  transunion can not supply me with any support as to how this was verified. the CA told me they never received any dispute from them. what they did receive was transunion asked to verify name, ss#, and address that's it. I can't believe that this is the way they investigate a dispute. again transunion can not supply me with any information they got from the collection agency but that it was verified. is this how the VERIFICATION process works with them?

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: transunion dispute verification process!!

Yes for the most part it is true.

Did you get something in writing from CA saying they would not verify account or delete account? If you received something in writing even if in email, you can forward that info to CRA and that should take care of it. If you have no proof of what CA told you on phone it isn't so easy to remove it. 

If you do not have something in writing from CA try calling them back and asking them for something in writing. If they were willing before hopefully they will be willing now.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 14
grussell70
Contributor

@ JM-AM the CA is gonna take care of it. when they send the file next month it will be deleted then. they have already sent the file for november. i just think more should go into an investigation of a dispute than verifying name, ss#, and adress. i'm not disputing my personal information. i'm disputing the debt. there should be some laws passed against this. it is to easy to put negative items on a credit report with out any proof and to hard to remove them with proof.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 14
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

You are not alone. I believe everyone feels just as you do. 

Just glad things are being taken care of for you now.

Good Luck

Good Luck
Message 4 of 14
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:

You are not alone. I believe everyone feels just as you do. 

Just glad things are being taken care of for you now.

Good Luck

You got that right...I cannot stand TU! Smiley Mad

It seems like they are always the last to delete/update anything. We paid off a loan with Pioneer that was reporting to DH's CRs back on September 15th. EX and EQ updated and showed a zero balance within 2 weeks. On the 1st of November TU still showed a balance...in fact, they hadn't updated since last May, so it was showing him owing over $500 on the loan. So, we disputed online and TU completed their investigation yesterday...saying "verified, unchanged." So, DH actually called Pioneer today and told the lady that TU hadn't updated. She said that she would go in and manually fix it to show as paid in full. 

Very frustrating...I honestly don't know who to be angry with. I always thought it was the OCs fault for not updating...but after we talked to the CSR with Pioneer (who was very nice and professional), I'm starting to think it's TU's fault, for some reason. Does anyone here know how their system works?

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 5 of 14
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Has always been IMO the slowest to get anything accomplished with. My brother in-law has something left on TU also that EQ and TU have removed 3 months ago. He is okay with just sitting it out until some one who works there actually does some work for the day and updates it. 

If I would have known all the money you could make not doing anything owning a CRA back in the day, I would have invested everything I have into it. Only problem I see is that I would feel ashamed to run such a poor establishment!

Good Luck

Good Luck
Message 6 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Never let the CRA get involved in the substance of the dispute process.  It is just silly to have to argue with a middle-man.

I would never dispute under FCRA 611(a).

File your dispute directly with the party who has posted the disputed information, using the new direct dispute process under FCRA 623(a)(8) and 16 CFR 660.4, and simply take the CRA out of the picture.

Message 7 of 14
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Never let the CRA get involved in the substance of the dispute process.  It is just silly to have to argue with a middle-man.

I would never dispute under FCRA 611(a).

File your dispute directly with the party who has posted the disputed information, using the new direct dispute process under FCRA 623(a)(8) and 16 CFR 660.4, and simply take the CRA out of the picture.

I keep reading this but I called TU after I received my papers vacating my judgment.  I told them I could fax or mail in the paperwork to have it deleted.  The CSR said I would have to dispute it to have it updated.  I then asked again if I should fax in the paperwork and her response was "you can if you really want to but we will check the public records regardless of what you send in."  So basically, no matter what I sent in, it didn't matter because TU was going to investigate it themselves.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 8 of 14
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

bump

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 9 of 14
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

That should be the case BrandonSS. 

Taking the word of the CSR who you spoke to should be taken with a grain of salt. If you send the information in that is one less thing to delay things. By sending it in with all the legal information needed it will also help in processing the request. I believe the judgement vacated still has document numbers and such which will help when they check the records to match them up. Leave nothing for error or an excuse to respond back that they couldn't locate it etc etc....

Good Luck

Good Luck
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.