Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transunion disputes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

transunion disputes

do they have a waiting period between online disputes or something? I disputed something on 12/9. I need to dispute something else but the actual "dispute" button cant be found. Just gives me the run around showing me my old dispute and its results. clueless over here
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DI
Super Contributor

Re: transunion disputes

@Anonymous wrote:
do they have a waiting period between online disputes or something? I disputed something on 12/9. I need to dispute something else but the actual "dispute" button cant be found. Just gives me the run around showing me my old dispute and its results. clueless over here

If you have a dispute that's in process and you need to dispute something else, you will have to call in the additional dispute.  Just have your file number available to give to the CSR and they will happily assist you.   

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would never submit to their automated dispute process, period.  You dont have to use it!

You have the right under FCRA 611(a) to file any dispute, in writing, directly with the CRA, which gives you the breadth to include "all relevant information regarding the dispute" (FCRA611(a)(2)(B)), and their resulting responsibilty to consider all this information.

Mailing also provides you the latitude to request, under FCRA 611 (a)(6)(B)(iii), a full "description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the (disputed) information."  They want to simplifyy their work at the expense of your rights.

Just put it in writing, and mail it. Sometimes snail mail is still superior to their controlled web site. 

Message Edited by RobertEG on 12-29-2009 12:05 AM
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Suggest letter, which is more than the online procees affiords you: 

This is a dispute under FCRA 611(a) of the completeness and accuracy of the following information currently being reported in your credit reports:

(info being disputed)

Under the provisions of FCRA 611(a)(2)(B), you are required to forward to each creditor with whom I dispute the accuracy and completeness of their reporting, “all relevant information regarding the dispute” that is supplied by myself, as the consumer.

Accordingly, I offer the following relevant information in support of my dispute, which is required to be forwarded, without deletion, to the creditor:

(supporting arguments and documentation) 

I understand that it is common business practice for you to reduce my dispute to a two digit dispute code, and only forward this to the creditor under your automated E-Oscar automated dispute process.  I do not find such practice as acceptable compliance with the FCRA.  If all information that I have provided is not forwarded to the creditor that is the subject of the dispute, I view this as a clear violation of FCRA (a)(2)(B).

To that end, I also specifically request that, upon any verification of this dispute by you, that you additionally provide me, under the provisions of FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(iii), a “full description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information” I have provided.  That includes a description of the difference between information I provided to you, and the information you provided to the creditor, such as a specific disclosure of what was communicated to them under E-Oscar.

Sincerely,

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks guys. I'll snail mail it ASAP.... slow and steady wins the race :-)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.