Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transunion score problems

tag
chivo
New Contributor

transunion score problems

hi there,about over 1 week ago I disputed 4 accounts that my transunion report had with my name. These 4 accounts did not belonged to me,so I called Transunion to have them removed. I called them today,and I was told that 3 of the 4 have been deleted,and the other one is pending investigation. Now,heres the tough part. In my transunion report,those are the only 4 listed in my name. My transunion score is 628. Will this means that my score will drop significantely?,or what do I expect to happen?. My equifax and experian credit reports are fine,and they do not have this accounts...any replies are appreciated...thanks.. chivo
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: transunion score problems

Hi Chivo,

You would need to elaborate more. You say that those 4 accounts are the only ones listed on your credit report? So other than those 4 accounts there is nothing else on your report?

If that is the case once all the accounts have been removed you will no longer have any accounts that qualify you for a score. Once you have established new credit and that credit has aged, you will once again be able to obtain a score from your CR data.

Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 8
chivo
New Contributor

hi therich,that is correct..thta is all the 4 accounts listed and nothing else...wow..no points?...So,that means I only got 2 accounts with scores..my EX and EQ to deal with...LOL thanks.. chivo
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned, you won't have a score. It takes 6 months from the date you add an account to develop the history for a FICO score. You could speed up the process by getting one or more of your other accts on EQ and EX to also report to TU.
Message 4 of 8
chivo
New Contributor

hi pal,what do you mean by speed up the process to more accounts?..thanks.
Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

chivo wrote:
hi pal,what do you mean by speed up the process to more accounts?..thanks.

Let's say you have an HSBC on EQ and EX but for whatever reason it doesn't report to TU. If that CC was open for 7 years, then once it reports to TU, your TU will show a 7 year history and also a score. Insta-history.

Now you don't want to lobby any creditor that is a baddie like a CO, lates, etc, then you'll be transferring over bad stuff and it will be that much harder to remove.
Message 6 of 8
chivo
New Contributor

hi llecs,well.most of my accounts are old and baddies..LOL some of my older accounts were paid directly with the creditor by me and were closed. other were paid via settlement thru a collection agency. Basically,I dont have any active accounts in good standing. That is beacuse some of them were bad debt accounts,and the good ones I got them closed after I paid them in full. My equifax score is 655. it shows one revolving account with merrick bank for $619,which I paid via a settlemnt in march,and is due to be closed soon,My EX has a account with a premier bak credit account for $626,which was paid via settlement with a collection agency in 7/01/08. That one is due to be closed in 1 to 3 months. My experian report of which score is 611 has also my merrick account for $619. and thats it.. The other older accounts that I have shows a 0 balance on them with EX and EQ... I hope this explains it..Smiley Happy thanks.. chivo
Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Gotcha. When I started last summer, other than a good car loan, I had nothing going for me except for 4-5 COs and up to 6-7 CAs. You'd be surprised how quick you can recover.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.