cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

try to PFD or leave it alone?

tag
rvhome

try to PFD or leave it alone?

I have a five and a half year old collection from a former landlord.  The gave me a rent increase notice, which in my state is a notice to quit and so I quit.  Perturbed that I did not give them notice, they slapped me for an extra month of rent.  

It's the only baddie on my record.

No lates, ever. 

Utilization at 23% 

Longest account = 24 years, AOA = 14

Just added an installment loan because I was missing that in the mix and added a new amex backdated to 1990 because I had only 2 credit cards. Before the installment loan and the amex, I was at 715. I want to be at 740 and all of the models showed that I even if i drove util to 1%, that was not going ot happen,

Myfico estimator (not paid for) indicates a range of 720-770 once the schmutz from two new loans settles down.  The myfico simulator (on the myfico report) shows no hope in heck of getting out of the 710 range until the baddie goes away, whereupon the score goes to 840.

Any idea of which is right?  

I am concerned that if I attempt ot settle this old item, it will get reported as settled, which starts the time clock all over again. 

Credit currently good enough to buy a new motorhome, get Amex Preferrred Blue (have assets). but I would  really like one of those 5/5 ARMs for refinancing and those require 740.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
GooseGirl
Contributor

Re: try to PFD or leave it alone?

I'm not certain what state you are in but at 5 1/2 years you are probably outside of SOL. Since this is your only negative, getting it removed would definitely help your score. I would give the PFD a try. Perhaps you will get lucky Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 541 (lender pull July 2012)
Current Score: EQ FICO 673, TU08 648, EX FICO 654
Next Goal Score: 680
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.