Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to dig myself out

tag
combatveteran
New Contributor

trying to dig myself out

Hi I'm new to this credit stuff and have learned a bit while I was in the army about finances and credit and such. But was never in the position to apply it now I am and have some questions as far as having collections come off your report. Average score raise per collection deletion and letters for cease and desist for CA due to handling it with OC. Also any and all letters for disputing with CRA as far as CA no longer owning debt and it being returned to OC and I have many more  questions. Any and all help is appreciated. 

Starting FICO 1/21/2014 EX 524 EQ 479 TU 492 USAA FAKO 1/21/2014 EX 541 EQ 554 TU 580:
Current FICO 1/21/2014 EX 524 EQ 479 TU 492 USAA FAKO 2/1/2014 EX 552 EQ 570 TU 552:
GOAL: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening with USAA Secured Credit Cards MC @ 1500 and AMEX @ 1500 and soon Hopefully Navy FCU
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
down_n_out
Contributor

Re: trying to dig myself out

Welcome thanks for your service, the one thing I focused on was PFD to get collections removed. But there is a ton of good info on this forum for these issues. I am finding that with a little determination you can accomplish a lot.

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@combatveteran wrote:

Hi I'm new to this credit stuff and have learned a bit while I was in the army about finances and credit and such. But was never in the position to apply it now I am and have some questions as far as having collections come off your report. Average score raise per collection deletion and letters for cease and desist for CA due to handling it with OC. Also any and all letters for disputing with CRA as far as CA no longer owning debt and it being returned to OC and I have many more  questions. Any and all help is appreciated. 

Average score raise is going to be a YMMV thing.  Too many factors play into it to know for sure.  The newer the collection, meaning the newest reported hurt your score more than one reported 4 years ago.

If you pay the OC and not the CA, it is the OC that needs to notify the CA of payment.  If the OC doesn't own the debt any longer they can't take payments.

If the debt was returned to the OC they should automatically delete the TL.  If they don't write a letter to the CRA stating the debt was returned to the OC and the CA TL must be deleted.

Message 3 of 4
combatveteran
New Contributor

OK so I figured out that the OC no longer owns the account or can take payments. Now is it possible to get a settlement for delete because I'm also working on my wifes credit and the rest of it is medical baddies that went to collections they charged interest on the medical debt. Can I pay the smaller amounts in full and make a deal on the bigger amounts there are 2 bigger, and still get them deleted? Has anyone gone through this? Or has anyone dealt with doctors collections in Alaska?

Starting FICO 1/21/2014 EX 524 EQ 479 TU 492 USAA FAKO 1/21/2014 EX 541 EQ 554 TU 580:
Current FICO 1/21/2014 EX 524 EQ 479 TU 492 USAA FAKO 2/1/2014 EX 552 EQ 570 TU 552:
GOAL: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Gardening with USAA Secured Credit Cards MC @ 1500 and AMEX @ 1500 and soon Hopefully Navy FCU
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.