cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to fix not trash credit, confused!!

tag
rwt
New Contributor

trying to fix not trash credit, confused!!

Fustration set in today as I had a mortage lender (friend of the family) pull my score to see what he sees vs what I see. My scores are as followed Transunion 621 classic 04, Experian 595 fair Issac V2 and equifax is 681 Beacon 5. Now I know my scores are horrible and thats why I have been working on them. I am finding myself to do more damage than good. Some of the collection agencies have totally removed the score and some have just said paid or settled. There are a handful I have contacted about doing a pfd and they told me when I was ready to pay call them back. As I look at the credit report the lender gave me everything looks new and updated. Does this mean I have to wait another 7 years!! I feel I will never get my credit straight and never buy a house for the family, right now I am just beside myself. By trying to raise my score I have been in fact lowering it. Is there anything i can do? Do these old accounts brought to current mean anything or will they infact still fall off at the original date expected? Any feedback would be great as I am lost at what to do now

Seedling:

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 595
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: trying to fix not trash credit, confused!!

Bringing status date to current date will hit your scores but it doesn't change the time frame for negative info of 7.5 yrs from DOFD of the OC.

Message 2 of 12
rwt
New Contributor

so regaurdless of the updated info or if I pay an account and its show as new on my report it will still fall off have the original 7.5 years? If this is correct, do the credit agencies see the original date even though I dont?

Seedling:

Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The CA has to work off the OC's original DOFD date that led to the CO.  Yes they should know it but you need to know it, the only way to see it is to get hard copies of your CRs

Message 4 of 12
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

+1
Absolutely try to do PFDs for older collections or even newer ones. some won't no matter what you do....but you'll be surprised with who will. some will even tell you no and di it for the very next person who calls. dint just give up after one call/contact. if one won't hang up and call right back...eventually you'll get one that will. best of luck to you.
Message 5 of 12
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

I typed that backwards. i meant try to do PFDs for newer ones. they'll hurt you the longest.
Message 6 of 12
rwt
New Contributor

thanks guys for all the help!

Seedling:

Message 7 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

For what it is worth, your scores are not that bad. 

And those are the 3 classic scores when applying for a mortgage.  I would do a little research on the accounts.  I would find the DoFD of the accounts, and see exactly how old they are, then look for the SOL of your state.

As has been said before, PFDs would be a great way to go. It would clean up your report, and a clean report is a happy report.  If you need any help with any specifics, make a thread and we will be glad to help.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 12
rwt
New Contributor

THanks!!

Seedling:

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.