cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to rebuild my credit but old paid accounts are still affecting my report. Please help!!

tag
ddiamond
Valued Member

trying to rebuild my credit but old paid accounts are still affecting my report. Please help!!

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I started paying off debts on my credit report in January of this year. I have paid off every collection but yet they still remain as a negative factor on my credit report and I think this is hurting my score. When I check my credit report for negative accounts, it shows 6 of them but they are all paid with balances of zero. How do I go about getting this completely deleted from my report? It is still making it difficult for me to get any type of credit card to rebuild my credit because the application always comes back denied due to delinquent accounts. Does anyone have any idea on how I can get these off of my report. Right now my score are TU: 633, EQ: 602, EX:?

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: trying to rebuild my credit but old paid accounts are still affecting my report. Please help!!

Welcome!

Please check out these two links.

Credit Scoring 101

GW Letters

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.