Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ugh. just realized freescore was not fico

tag
chryanna
New Contributor

ugh. just realized freescore was not fico

And my actual Experian FICO? 60 points lower. Hello, 620, you're a lot suckier than I thought you were.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ugh. just realized freescore was not fico

I don't mean to bust your bubble but the Experian score is not a Fico score its actually called a Vantage Score. I just  pulled my sore with them yesterday. I had to read it up on the internet and honestly i'm pissed. I thought I had 733, but it turned out that i only have 630. They recalculate for the Fico score and they way they did it was like that. 733x0.86=630. Man what a disapointment

Message 2 of 6
chryanna
New Contributor

Oh looks like I misstated. It's Equifax, not Experian. All these numbers....None of them pleasant.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sucks!  I'm waiting until all of my FAKO's are over 720 before ordering my real scores to reassess the damage.  Just using the FAKO's to clean up my report.

Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't mean to bust your bubble but the Experian score is not a Fico score its actually called a Vantage Score. I just  pulled my sore with them yesterday. I had to read it up on the internet and honestly i'm pissed. I thought I had 733, but it turned out that i only have 630. They recalculate for the Fico score and they way they did it was like that. 733x0.86=630. Man what a disapointment

Welcome to myFICO.

If you bought your scores from the EX website you received "PLUS" scores not VantageScores.

And there is no accurate way to compare FICO scores to what we call FAKO (non-Fico) scores. If a FAKO score happens to be close to a FICO score it's purely by coincidence.

(With all due credit to long time member llecs for this):

"Virtually everyone sells scores, but they are not all FICO scores. If you got scores from the big 3, then very likely 2 or all 3 of them are not FICO scores. Experian and TransUnion do not sell FICO scores on their website. We call these non-FICO scores, FAKOs, and can easily be as much as a few points to 100+ points off your real FICO when pulled the same day. If it didn't say "FICO" next to the score, then it isn't.

Other companies (e.g. freecreditreport.com, freescore.com, truecredit, creditkarma, Equifax Credit Complete, Quizzle, and dozens of others out there) sell scores, but they are nothing more than gimmicks and lenders don't use them. They do this because they want to avoid paying any fees to FICO and when they say "credit score" people buy it anyway on the assumption that it is a FICO. The scores are off because the formula is different, factors in different things as compared to FICO, and score ranges are different than FICO's (e.g. FICO is 300-850, Vantage is 501-990, PLUS is 330-830, TransRisk is 350-850, and so on)."

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They recalculate for the Fico score and they way they did it was like that. 733x0.86=630. Man what a disapointment

Not sure where you got this information, but there is no way to calculate a FICO score based on a VantageScore or any other FAKO.  it could be the same, 100 less, 100 more, or anything else.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.