Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

un authrized applied bank

tag
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

un authrized applied bank

ok so some one opened a cc in my name in 07 which it became a charge off in 2007 but long story short i have disputed it and had success in 2011 with 1 csr but the company says since my name and an address that i lived at in 2002which was years b4 this account was opened its verified on 2 of my csr now i notice 1 csr reports charg off 2007 the other reports chorge off 2009 how is this possible and should i just get or can i still get a police report and send my drivers license with my address since 2003 to current and social or how should i handle this  please help

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: un authrized applied bank

Message 2 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You can can try calling your local police department and see if you can file. Im just concern they won't do it cause its been almost 6 yrs and they will probably tell you why this wasn't handled at that time. Have you asked how the account was open? internet app? mailed in app with signature? 

Message 3 of 6
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

i spoke with the company who said it was done over the phone from a number i never heard of and there was no app done and besides that i just found out about it in 2011 which is when i first started to dispute but i didnt know what i know now thanks to my fico forums

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

All you need in order to file a police report is a showing that it is in your CR, and thus damaging your credit, and willingness to assert under oath that you never authorized the account.  Passage of time does not negate that need, as unless one pulls their CR regularly, substantial time could pass before they even become aware of the harm.

Your credit is currently suffering harm, and a police report is needed to invoke the identity theft provsions of the FCRA.

A police report is needed by statute to enforce your rights under the FCRA to get that information blocked from your credit report.

If the police decline to take a report, it is most likely because they dont understand the statutory need on your part, and are not viewing the identity theft issue from the needs of the consumer.  Just call your state AG, who understands the need, and they will almost certainly contact the police agency and instruct them to take your report.

Message 5 of 6
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

thank so much im gonna give them a call

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.